Wednesday, May 2, 2012

From me to my heart…



From me to my heart…

Tonight, and in this moment of solitude
Free of wantedness
Sheltered from the falling rain of desire
Naked and bare, without the armor of pride
And unshackled from lust
I speak to you humbled, for confess to you, I must

In our run, and thus far in our pursuits
We have been relentless
Selfish, perhaps at times, but our nature, still selfless

We have had our share
Of both, fair and unfair

We have been beaten, and we have seen defeat
We have seen trickery, and we have seen deceit

We have been deserted and scorned
Through it all, together, you and I have mourned

My face has aged, and my hair ashen
No choice, for we all have to take our ration

Broken and blemished, yet unyielding and resolute
You have walked by my side in this pursuit

Your fractures
Scars of my defeats
Marks of my blunders and missteps

Wear them with honor as I do this graying hair

Your forgiveness I seek my beloved heart
You, my faithful companion,
We will never be apart...!


No comments:

Post a Comment