Sunday, July 15, 2012

Breathless!


Quiet my mind, I cannot,
for I am restless;
haunted still, by my last image of you,
I am feeble, I am helpless.

I dreamed of you in my arms,
forever sheltered;
a dream that shattered so soon,
leaving me broken, baffled and bewildered.

A gift of life anew,
was our embrace;
but the bitter truth,
soon, I came to face.

Sweet tomorrow,
a dream fulfilled, I used to say;
the cruel tomorrow came,
and it took you away!

A thousand ways to kill a man,
it is no lie;
for there are so many ways
for me to die.

I was a fool,
little did I know;
soon, my end would come,
a death agonizing, and ever so slow.

Quiet my mind, I cannot,
for I am restless;
our love, my last breath of hope,
stolen from me mercilessly,
leaving me gasping and breathless!!!


(Photo by:  Ali Saadatmand)



No comments:

Post a Comment