Saturday, October 18, 2008

Solitude



The room is dark…
Void of light…
Senses heightened…
But no sight…
My eyes closed, my face a frown…
Random thoughts, left and right...

Glass of ale, almost empty…
Helping to lessen my fright…
Afraid of what has been…
And what might…
The war is not yet over…
So many battles left to fight…

The taste is bitter…
Jaws clench tight…
As the dark liquid burns…
Thoughts sore to a new height…

The mind’s eye opens…
In search of light…
Your image comes to mind…
Pure sense of delight…

A new sense of consciousness I gain…
As the warm ale passes through each vein…

As surroundings become more blur…
Ever so self aware I remain…
As I slowly shed the fear…
A peaceful calm I gain…

The present dissolves more with every sip…
Reality vanishes as I lose my grip...

Intoxicated by the thoughts of you, and not the ale…
These thoughts, like fresh air, I inhale…

The peace that overcomes me is beyond compare…
No longer do I feel the sadness, or the despair...

In flesh, in my thoughts, or in my dreams…
You are the only answer it seems…

The past, present, or the future matter none…
As I forsake all others but one…!

No comments:

Post a Comment