Sunday, November 30, 2008


Additional Pieces:

Here are two more pieces that I personally like very much...

Self Reliance:

I finished this piece literally an hour ago...
It took a lot of work...  But it is already one of my favorites...
I had this vision for a very long time...  But it used to come to me in bits and pieces...  Not until recently was I able to clearly visualize the entire piece...
Here, I have tried to use contrasts (in colors and textures) to bring out the multi-dimensional nature of who we really are....!  
I'll let you fill in the rest!!!...

No Name (yet):

Believe it or not, a pair of boots that I purchased a while back inspired me to do this piece!!!  
I know what you are thinking...  "... what the hell kind of boots does this guy wear?..."
Oh well, let the artist be a bit of an eccentric once in a while...
This piece, as you can clearly see uses the element of mixed media again...  the piece of burlap is completely torn in the bottom and smaller pieces are literally hanging by threads!!!!
This painting accompanies me in my office at work; and reminds me that there is more to life than just working!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment