Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Faces!

Faces I wear, far too many…
Their tally and disposition not known by any…
These gaudy masks, perhaps, a measure of protection….
Safeguards against judgments, inferences and rejection….

Free, we may seem to be; But our hands are often tied….
Drowned in diverge realities, forgetful of when we were truthful and when we lied….

In the mirror, at my own self I gaze…
In search of a way, out of this maze…
An image, mystified, bewildered and confound…
I find myself, drained, burdened and bound….
Marks and scars, I see in this reflection…
Footsteps of time, a common ill-fated affliction…

Self discovery, indeed a harsh trek…
Summing your life into an insignificant speck …
Vulnerable, exposed, naked and bare…
Concealment and perjury, you no longer dare….

Not easy to hide all these feelings inside…
Much consequence, too many rules to abide…
True meaning I seek through it all…
Nothing else matters, after all…!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment