Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Self Within



The voice within, calls…
His voice, echoing in the empty halls…


There is no hell or heaven…
Your sins, they all, will be forgiven…
Rules, break free from their binding chain…
Selfishly, your uninhibited freedom regain…
Far too short, is this life, indeed…
Claim it with passion, lust and greed…

In the dark, I sit down and think…
Bottle in hand, I drown and drink…
Starring into the distance, answers I seek…
Scenery before me, desolate and bleak…
What has come of my goodness?, I ask…
How long will I bear this tainted mask?…


Engaged in an eternal dual with the self within…
Tempted, eager, yet fearful of this sin...
Not the only one, in this struggle engaged…
Am I the sanest, or troubled and deranged?...


What future may bring, I cannot foretell…
Here and now, are my heaven and hell…!!!



1 comment:

  1. This peice truly touched my soul!True expression of emotion in the original art of darkness and reality! Amazing... I can not say anymore!

    ReplyDelete