Friday, February 19, 2010

Reality or Illusion

Wings broken, confined in a golden cage…
My heart is beaten; I’m filled with rage…

Time passes; but it creeps and crawls…
And all the while, the pain within, spreads and sprawls…

I have lived, I have loved, I have lost, and I have won…
The world that surrounds me, a cocoon I have spun…

Reality, certainty, veracity, all feigned and hollow…
A proposition too harsh to ingest, too hard to swallow…

The frenzy and fury linger and last…
Until current and coming become past…

My voice muffled, my song left unheard…
I find it all incongruous, tenuous and absurd…

Reality indeed is but an illusion…
There is no certainty, my friend, in confusion!!!

4 comments:

  1. My Dearest Kami!Illusion, huh? To me reality is always subjective! There was a time where I was so lost in finding the reality; however, I am finding the truth and reality became a word in the past :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Azadeh,

    Interesting outlook.
    Thank you for sharing it. I really enjoy it when readers engage me in a dialogue.

    Kami

    ReplyDelete
  3. "until current and and coming become past" I wish there was a way to freeze some moments :(
    Swallow :)
    (the one who has flown but hasn't perch on red tile roof yet)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Swallow,

    You have flown far far away to a distant land. A beautiful new world of sun, warmth, white houses with roofs of red tile all around...
    Take joy and celebrate your arrival.

    K.

    ReplyDelete