Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Note to My English-Speaking Readers


My dearest English-Speaking readers (old and new):  

Although all of the work I have published thus far is in English, I do, from time to time, write poems in my native language (Farsi) because in certain cases the true essence of what I try to capture and convey is best done in that language.

I thought about providing an English translation of the poems along with the original, but as you probably know, a lot gets lost in translation from one language to another.  Especially in poetry, as the poem loses its delicate use of words and rhymes once translated.

The following two posts are poems written in Farsi because I could best capture their essence in that language.  

If you are a new English-speaking reader, simply scroll down passed these two posts (or use the BLOG ARCHIVE navigation on the right) to read the content written in English.


Kami

2 comments:

  1. although i'm not an English-speaking reader but as i'm trying to find out your name ;)I got to go through all pages!......and I wonder where your gaze ends up?!!like your pose anyway :)be ebarati be che miandishi?!! what has possibly taken you so far ....out of this picture?where to

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the moment we are born, we all become observers!
    Observers of what surrounds us, observers of of other observers, and above all, observers of ourselves!

    We all look... But only a few truly SEE!...
    I began a journey more than two decades ago; and the more I "SEE", the more I discover that is yet left to be "SEEN"!

    We (as individuals) are both, the conscious "observers" and the subconscious "creators" of our own realities!!!!

    ReplyDelete