Friday, September 7, 2012

Vintage Wine




With a lover’s touch, I hold the slender bottle in my grip
The silky ale, teasing my senses, seducing me, sip after sip

The sweet vintage wine flows through every vein
Washing away the scum of this nagging pain

Though the effect, impermanent, short lived and brief
I relish every second, free of the weight of this grief

Impermanence and frailty, give way to immortality
As one after another, dissipate these layers of reality

Drunken and intoxicated, adrift, I float away
Amid the conscious and the subconscious I sway

The light shines through, waning and decay no more
Weightless and buoyant, a feather, briskly I soar

With a lover’s touch, I hold the slender bottle in my grip
I, a traveler, the sweet wine, my only companion on this trip!



No comments:

Post a Comment